It’s one year since the murderous attack on MANCHESTER. I pray for all those whose lives were changed and those innocents no longer with us. God bless you all.
On this day in KISSTORY - May 20, 1980, KISS released Unmasked, their eighth studio album. The artwork featured Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Ace Frehley and Peter Criss, although Criss actually had no involvement with the recording of the album. Anton Fig (uncredited) played all drums on the album.
The album was certified Gold by the RIAA on July 30, 1980.
UNMASKED Track Listing:
Is That You? / Shandi / Talk To Me / Naked City / What Makes The World Go Round / Tomorrow / Two Sides Of The Coin / She's So European/ Easy As It Seems /Torpedo Girl / You're All That I Want
On this day in KISStory - May 20, 2009, KISS rocked over 25 million Americans with Detroit Rock City and Rock and Roll All Night as the band was front-and-center on the American Idol finale show performing with runner-up Adam Lambert.
- KISS was just about the best thing on Idol ALL SEASON LONG. - Rolling Stone
- a jaw-dropping, fist-pumping, pyro-enhanced performance with legendary rockers KISS. - MTV
- KISS Blow Up American Idol. Now that's the way to rock the house! - Associated Content
- It was a night to remember for all those members (including me) of the KISS Army. - WBAL Radio
- Carlos Santana had the unenviable task of following the act. He strummed out some of his famous licks, which felt very slow-paced after the unbelievable energy KISS brought to the theatre. I was actually screaming to see more KISS by this point. - TV Envy
On this day in KISSTORY - May 19, 1992, KISS released their critically acclaimed REVENGE album. With producer Bob Ezrin at the helm, a ferocious KISS delivered one of their heaviest and best albums ever! All the band members shined on this release! Ever reliable Paul Stanley was on top of his game here, delivering impassioned vocals through out the album. Even the Demon returned and proved what a committed and focused Gene Simmons is capable of! New drummer Eric Singer' power and intensity added to the KISS assault and Bruce Kulick recorded what many consider his finest KISS guitar work. REVENGE debuted at #6 on Billboard and remained on the charts for twenty three weeks. The album was certified Gold on 07/20/92.
REVENGE, which was dedicated to Eric Carr, also featured 'Carr Jam 1981,' an instrumental track written by Carr that Ezrin discovered from The Elder recordings. The song featured a thunderous Carr drum solo as the centerpiece and was a fitting tribute to the beloved drummer.
KISS released four music videos for REVENGE, 'Unholy', 'I Just Wanna', 'Domino' and 'Everytime I Look At You'. A video for 'God Gave Rock And Roll to You' was released in November 1991 to support the Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey movie soundtrack.
REVENGE Track Listing:
Unholy / Take It Off / Tough Love / Spit / God Gave Rock & Roll to You II / Domino / Heart of Chrome / Thou Shalt Not / Every Time I Look At You / Paralyzed / I Just Wanna / Carr Jam 1981